My angular and wandering travels....

My photo
Duncanville, TX, United States
I'm an international person, having spent 6+years of my youth in various Central and South American countries. Within my occupation as a television engineer, I've since traveled back to Mexico several times to film various religious sites, to Ireland to film a video documentary on the life of St. Patrick, to Portugal and England. Each time I took hundreds of pictures, wrote songs and poems about the things I saw and heard and felt go on around me, and tried to absorb a sense for what people in each locale thought. How they love, how they see, how they think.... My other sites: www.myspace.com/mothtoacandle http://community.webshots.com/user/waynocook www.soundclick.com/eddieaustin

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Honeysuckle Yellow





I’m down in the cool grass on a Friday afternoon,
Staring at the blossoms while the sun shines through
Honeysuckle blossoms, tastin’ airy wine
I don’t even care if it’s tresspassin’ vine

That pretty yeller flower, got a language all its own
Come on, play in my yard, its magic fallin' down
It crooks a petal at me, like a siren calls my name
My mind’s playin’ tricks, fantasies and games

Inviting and enticing
Like that honeysuckle wine
I can’t turn away, girl,
From that wild in your eyes

Honeysuckle yellow,
Honeysuckle vine,
Feeling so mellow,
Kissin's so fine,
Girl, you got to get up,
You take my heart and play.
You smell like honeysuckle,
We got to dance the night away

1 comment:

shree said...

Honeysuckle yellow ....beautiful ...beautiful .....beautiful...the poem and also the pix.God bless you