My angular and wandering travels....

My photo
Duncanville, TX, United States
I'm an international person, having spent 6+years of my youth in various Central and South American countries. Within my occupation as a television engineer, I've since traveled back to Mexico several times to film various religious sites, to Ireland to film a video documentary on the life of St. Patrick, to Portugal and England. Each time I took hundreds of pictures, wrote songs and poems about the things I saw and heard and felt go on around me, and tried to absorb a sense for what people in each locale thought. How they love, how they see, how they think.... My other sites: www.myspace.com/mothtoacandle http://community.webshots.com/user/waynocook www.soundclick.com/eddieaustin

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Philosophy Can Wait One More Day

Sometimes, the mere presence of thought, like quivering Jello, causes you to wonder if you've arrived at some state of genius when all that really transpired was the caffiene from your coffee is making its way through your arteries.

Something of an intellectual rise in blood pressure, with a concurrent jolt to the nervous system. You are relieved this morning, because the alternative would be facing another day with bloodshot eyes. That realization that, upon looking in the unforgiving mirror, you are having a bad hair day. Somewhere in the restless night, you lay up on a lock of hairstrands and make a natural curl. It is cute, but in the wrong spot, so you hold it down with a brush and spray "product" on it. Ahhhh, that's better.

Now discontent with the clock, you hurry through dressing, absentmindedly pulling a polo from the closet, a pair of jeans from the stack and hurredly pull them on. Oh, gosh. I think I gained 5 pounds from partying this weekend. I thought you could only gain that much in two weeks! Gracious! And I was going to be so svelte today at work! Inwardly, you snarl at youself. It's payback time!

Facing the front door with less than satisfaction with your appearance, body, and thoughts, you turn the knob, sigh, and head for the car. So far, not one worthy shred of philosophy has escaped your infertile soul, not one redeeming sigh has wormed its way to your brain. Even a crumb of unsorted letters would be a help right now. You could pretend to catalog your idea, approach it from several perspectives and further pretend to segment, analyze, tag and hypothesize this bit of linguistic doggerel into SOMETHING!

Monday, Monday. Am I even following the mantras of my own making, much less the reading I enjoyed Friday night in that lovely book? Today, following my angelic passage through a weekend of hedonistic pursuit of foods and laughter for my grandkids, I am burrowing through the mud of a barbequed and simmered aftermath. I took it to the limits, one more time!

I practiced a philosophy of Live for the moment and am now Suffering for the moment! I would not change the philosophy, just the excess. It appears that over the past week, I've indulged several spin-offs of my proscribed and essayed world. As I faced myself during this introspection, I discovered one other thing. I practice, if not enjoy, exfoliating something of my spirit within the safe confines of this group, this family. I leveraged one thing. Trust...here amongst the brothers and sisters of our community.

You now know. I ate too much! But it was sooooo good, and my granddaughters make me laugh and smile with their shy and sweet comments. A lovely weekend with not yet corrupted grandchildren. There will be time later to lament their behavior. For now, I love the wee tykes.

Philosophy can wait one more day :)

No comments: